What paper do I need to use to achieve optimum output?
The paper used for sublimation printing is critical to get perfect quality and color on your Unisub and ChromaLuxe items :
FOR DESKTOP USERS (up to A3+)
If you are a desktop user, there are several brands we recommend for use with hard substrates. Desktop users can buy almost any sublimation paper that is sold by one of our distributors. We recommend reading the specifications of the printer manufacturer.
If you need to sublimate quality sensitive ChromaLuxe panels, we advise to use the TruePix Classic sublimation paper (Sawgrass) or the SEFA TruePix sublimation paper, as this paper is flexible enough to resist the expansion of our substrates against the shrinkage of the paper (this flexibility will eliminate the white borders on the edges of the panels). Good output of large areas of difficult colors, may require a specialized, heavy weigh, sublimation paper.
The main recommendations for a good sublimation paper are:
- The paper must be heavy enough (more than 100 gsm) to absorb the ink volume needed for hard substrates.
- If you experience any cockling (too much ink on the paper), you can try a heavier 140 gsm paper.
- The paper must not create dust particles or fibers.
- It must release the inks equally during the sublimation process.
- Always stock your paper in the same room as where your printer is located.
- Keep the paper dry and at room temperature.
Customers should choose a sublimation paper related to what they want to produce (consumer, e-commerce, fine-art prints). Please consult your paper supplier for more in-depth info about the possible options and differences in paper.