What paper do I need to use to achieve optimum output?
The paper used for sublimation printing is critical to get perfect quality and color on your Unisub and ChromaLuxe items :
FOR DESKTOP USERS (up to A3+)
If you are a desktop user, there are several brands we recommend for use with hard substrates. Desktop users can buy almost any sublimation paper that is sold by one of our distributors. We recommend reading the specifications of the printer manufacturer.
If you need to sublimate quality sensitive ChromaLuxe panels, we advise to use the S-RACE Photo Panel Pro 120 paper from Felix Schoeller, together with our low temperature list, as this paper is made to produce large format panels. Good output of large areas of difficult colors, may require a specialized, heavy weigh, sublimation paper.
The main recommendations for a good sublimation paper for rigid substrates are:
- The paper must be heavy enough (more than 100 gsm) to absorb the ink volume needed for hard substrates.
- If you experience any cockling or vertical banding (too much ink on the paper or bad machine vacuum), you can try a heavier 140 gsm paper.
- The paper must be able to resist the expansion of the metal (otherwise it wilt create dust particles or fibers during the sublimation process).
- It must release the inks equally during the sublimation process.
- Always stock your paper in the same room as where your printer is located.
- Keep the paper dry and at room temperature.
Customers should choose a sublimation paper related to what they want to produce (consumer, e-commerce, fine-art prints). Please consult your paper supplier for more in-depth info about the possible options and differences in paper.