11 important tips if you are using an Epson SureColor F
Your printer is an important part of the ChromaLuxe workflow. Read our 11 tips, to check if your machine is properly configured.
TIP 1: CHANGE THE RIP-RENDERING-MODE IN THE WASATCH RIP TO 'RIGID MEDIA'
As there are many RIP application on the market, we advise using Wasatch on the Epson SureColor F printers. After first quality tests with Epson's own RIP solution (called EDGE), we could not get the same high-quality result as with Wasatch.
Your Wasatch RIP software settings should be on 'Rigid Media / High-Quality mode. Below settings are very important to have the best quality. Try not to use bidirectional printing mode, as this will give banding on this printer.
How to apply the media mode:
- Open your Wasatch Image Configuration settings (blue wheel)
- Click on 'Printer Properties'
- Select 'High Quality' as media mode
- Select 'Fixed Dot' as dot type
- Select 'Fixed Small' as dot size
- Select '8 pass' as weaving mode
- Select 'Unidirectional' as print direction
- Confirm by pressing 'OK'
- Save your new Image Configuration setting
TIP 2: ACTIVATE THE EPSON 'HIGH QUALITY' MODE
On older SureColor printers (SC-F6000) you need to activate the high-quality mode to obtain the best possible print quality. On the latest models of the Epson printers, this is already activated in the firmware.